Old October 25th 03, 05:11 PM
PG

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

"David Mahon" wrote in message
In article , Ian Spare
writes

If you had any interest at all you'd be familiar enough with RSRE to
know that there's only one or two non-English posting per year since
the groups foundation. Since you clearly don't read it then it rather
begs the question how you've reached the conclusion the UK needs its
own group.

For all you know, my news server may only provide me with uk.* groups.

Seeing as you have just posted to rsre, that seems rather improbable. No
doubt your news server, along with the vast majority of those available to
UK residents, allow access to rsre and other non-uk. forums.

It's non of uk.*'s concern what is available outside of uk.* (although
it may be of concern to individuals in choosing which way they will
vote).

No one has seriously suggested that it is. Practical objections have been
put forward in the main, and which have been studiously ignored in most
cases.

Pete