Old September 3rd 03, 10:06 AM
Ace

Default Why Is Austria Skiing Dirt Cheap For USA Right Now?

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:37:52 +0100, "Jonathan Gogan"
wrote:

ACE change your outlook settings to prefix each line of quoted text with a
,

I appreciate your comfort with the older conventions (such as diallup)
One reason for top-posting is I use a threading reader on a BB link.
all news is quick-loaded so you can follow a conversation very easily
if people
1. reply right at the top
2 (pref) snip ALL other content.

Look, just don't do it, OK? Snipping, quoting with the prefis, and
replying after the text to which you're referring is _the_ way to
post.

Ace I feel, as you were the one saying we should _not_

use station for anywhere that was large enough to call a town, which
is not what I was saying at all.

Sorry, is that something you've added, or my text? Ah, by looking at
the previous post I can tell it's all mine, but it was not at all
clear.

I must have read you wrong. I thought you might have 'seen the light' (tm)
that differentiating between 'resort' (big area with lifts + accomodation)
and 'station' small area with lifts + little/no accomodation was useful.

No - I was merely implying that station could be (and is) universally
used, whereas 'resort' implied something more.

Thanks for not being gatuitously rude.

Oh, I could be (see uk.rec.motorcycles to see how we deal with
top-posters there) but I'm always a bit caustious on here, given my
sig ;-}

--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)