Old May 18th 13, 04:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
runcyclexcski

Default Lake Placid rollerski

On Friday, May 10, 2013 2:58:42 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I remember seeing Lake Placid roller ski training or racing footage on youtube. Would be a great place to test my climbing abilities. Do you have to/is it possible to tag along during such an event or can you just do it on your own? If I'm looking for a long climb, what are the roads and best time of day?

Thanks!

Long climbs would all be on roads with wide shoulders. When I r.skied in Lake Placid the locals directed me to Bear Cub Road. WhiteFace highway is closed for rollerskiers and cyclists AFAIK. I only rollerskied it when it was closed for the season.