Old February 10th 09, 03:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
jeff potter

Default How to remove Salomon SNS Profil binding?

PS: Ah, ha. I dug into it. Here's what's really going on with this
binding type. The white "cap" over at the rear of the heel plate is
NOT a cap at all. It's a one-use barbed-plug-rivet thingy. There is NO
screw under it. So you do not really just pry it up. You pry at it but
your efforts are pulling it out of THE SKI. It has a "barb" on the end
to prevent you from doing this. So eventually this item BREAKS OFF,
leaving its barb inside the ski. Terrible design, so it seems. How to
reinstall the binding onto another ski? YOU CANNOT. You MUST acquire
another undamaged white plug-rivet. Where? Who knows. Nonstandard
item. I suppose a local shop might have some around. It might be
outdated for all I know. These are somewhat older bindings. I can't
imagine such a method lasting more than one design cycle. Ugh.

Anyway, then you lift off the heel plate section-chunk and pull it to
the rear and off of the front part of the binding and the side screws
are exposed. Now we're back in familiar territory and I expect no
further difficulties...

--JP