Old February 10th 09, 02:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
jeff potter

Default How to remove Salomon SNS Profil binding?

On Feb 9, 6:43*pm, ADK Skier wrote:
On Feb 9, 4:07*pm, jeff potter wrote:

I have a set of skis with the Salomon SNS Profil manual bindings on
them. Skate model.

What's a good way to remove them?

I see what looks like a plug at the rear of the heel plate but they're
not easily removed. I can keep trying.

I've removed the rubber bumpers. The plastic "S" snap-cover in the
front-center of the binding, over the front-center screw, doesn't seem
to want to come off. Do I just work a screwdriver under the front edge
somehow?

How do I expose the 2 side-screws? I don't see how to release the
"bail" so that it can flip out of the way.

Help? Links?

Thanks, JP

Jeff,
I've removed tons of these bindings. It really doesn't take rocket
science. Most of the time I can get my Swiss Army knife to remove the
plug in the back. Hold it vertically and run it around the plug as you
work it up. I have also used a real small drill bit and drilled a hole
in it and they ride up the drill bit. The S cap in the front comes up
really easy with the edge of my Swiss Army knife. Get the blade under
it and pry up. Than I take my knife and work it from the back of the
binding plate to the front. Be careful on this move with the knife.
Just get the knife under the plate and work free the glue tape. Don't
pry up but move the knife along. This works every time. Hard to
beleive you've never taken one of these off after all the knowlege and
experience you have.

I've only installed one set of SNS Profil autos (for my wife). Never
removed them. Used NNN otherwise for decades.

I still haven't heard about how to get at the 2 side-screws. I can't
even see them. ? They appear to be hidden under the pivoting metal
shell cover---I don't see how to pivot it to expose the heads.