Old February 10th 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
highpeaksnordic

Default How to remove Salomon SNS Profil binding?

On Feb 9, 4:07*pm, jeff potter wrote:
I have a set of skis with the Salomon SNS Profil manual bindings
What's a good way to remove them?

You've gotten a lot of good advice already. We have a more direct
approach for the plastic cap at the tail end of the binding baseplate
- take a very small straight-blade screwdriver and stand it straight
up in the molded slot, rap sharply and drive the blade straight thru,
then pry it up. You can reuse it, we throw it out and replace w/ a
new one when the binding is remounted.

The screws are # 3 Pozi-Drive, many shops sell the screwdrivers, many
hardware stores also sell Vermont American bits for 1/4" magnetic bit
holders which we chuck into battery operated drills and yes, we always
adjust the clutch settings on them.

One thing not mentioned is what happens to the holes left over in the
ski. We always plug them w/ the proper sized plastic plug from an
assortment we have. The hole is glued, plug tapped into the ski and
lightly sanded flush w/ the topsheet. Of course, if the holes are re-
used they are glued again before sending the screws home.

- Bob