Old December 11th 08, 08:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ian Blake[_4_]

Default Is Ever Going To Stop Snowing?

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:01:44 -0000, "Rob White" wrote:

Just make sure that the gold and the beer is tied down near the centre of
gravity and you will be OK. Michael Cain had it loose and sliding about. I
was on a coach to SC some years ago when the road was iffy, and it slipped
and slided all the way down from Montgenevre, not particularly scary, but
quite exciting.

Rob

Exciting bus trips are always good. One year I was returning from border week
(the pre Christmas week) at Val Thorens. There were only about ten of us on the
bus heading down to Moutier for the night train. A local got on has a word with
the driver, something good on telly tonight or some other reason that he should
be quick or maybe he just wanted his tea. So off we go skidding around the
bends overtaking buses (these shuttles normally overtake the airport and long
haul buses) and local cars (which is not so usual). I have been disappointed on
every other bus trip since.