Old February 20th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
JEK

Default vacation spots

On Jan 23, 4:14 pm, "
wrote:
My boyfriend and I started snowboarding 2 years ago and after hitting
all of the small hills in MI and WI, we are ready to head out west.
Any suggestions, even if you know of a website where we can search for
a deal? We are still beginners, hanging out on blue hills for the
most part, and we want to spend as little money as possible for a
convenient place to stay (preferably at the hill so we don't have to
drive there everyday). Oh and a good night life would be fun! Let me
know a package deal of some-sort would be nice, we want to go early to
mid March. Thanks for your help!

Brighton (in Utah) has a very attractive offer for slopeside
accommodations. Haven't stayed there so I can't attest to the quality
of the lodge but for $755 you get 4 nights for two and 4 lift tickets
for each. That's pretty good deal cost-wise. Brighton is more of a
locals spot than a big resort (ala Park City/Canyons/Snowbird) but
it's still pretty big dwarfing most stuff in the East. Neverless, you
won't get the apres ski of a real ski village. Of course the on slope
experience is what matters and it is unquestionably excellent terrain
for intermediate snowboarders. In fact, Brighton might be one of the
better choices in the area for wide groomers regardless of price. And
of course, it's the same great snow. For night life (Utah style that
is), you can just head into the city.