Old October 9th 05, 11:24 PM
gronski

"Ace" wrote:
2561m, I think you'll find ;-)

But if one were driving from Les Carooz it would make more sense to
park at Let Molliets or Vernant, where there are big car parks and
good lifts into the system. From Vernant, less than ten mins from Les
C., just two 6-man chairs are needed to drop one directly into the
Flaine bowl.

"Andy Petersen" wrote:
Thanks for reminding me why I stopped posting to this newsgroup - pedantic
point scoring does nothing to help the to help the guy asking the question
does it? Unless you think that 61m will make all the difference?

Sorry Andy, but I didn't perceive any "pedantic point scoring" in Ace's reply.

The 2561m bit actually has a smiley appended to it (i.e.the ";-)" bit).
In case you're unfamiliar with internet newsgroups I should perhaps explain that
a ";-)" symbol usually signifies a comment should not to be taken too seriously.

As far as his other comment about the best place to park to access the Flaine
skiing is concerned then that seems a perfectly legitimate response to me.