Old December 3rd 04, 04:30 PM
tg

"Dmitry" wrote in message
newsrMrd.432690$wV.46106@attbi_s54...
I'm doing my homework for a ski/snowboard road trip sometime in the
end of Dec or first week of Jan. We'll be heading east out of Seattle
(WY, MO, ID, CO, UT). We have about a week, maybe a little more.

Basically, I'd like to solicit some suggestions for mountains worth
visiting, and maybe also general sites/places that are "must see"
this time of the year. So far, Silver and Jackson Hole are on my
"must go" list. We have a strong preference for less mainstream
mountains with more locals on them and less tourist crowds. Also
advanced terrain and quality of snow are of great interest. We'll
have only one or two people who are intermediate level, everyone
else advanced.

I would add Red Mountain, Big White, and Fernie in BC, Tamarack (new resort)
in Idaho, and Peak Snowcats in Idaho as well ($225) for day trip if I
remember correctly. I have also heard good things about Schweitzer and
Silver Mountains in Idaho as well as far as being smaller and more "local".
That would be a nice loop.

Sounds like fun.