Old September 24th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
EdV

Default Nordic Dry Land Training --- DoublePole Vaulting? Lunging?

maybe lurching?

I have been enjoying my running with ski poles thing for a couple of
months now and was hoping to get some advice on variations.

I have found that I can make some very satisfyiing "double pole
vaults" running up hills if I place my hands on the top of the hand
grips rather than grasping the hand grips. It feels good kind of like
flying a little bit and provides some upper body conditioning.

I am not experiencing any wrist or rotator cuff discomfort and since I
am going up hill on a soft dirt path the foot strike is light.

Anybody have any thoughts on this topic.

Thanks much,
Ed V.