Old November 23rd 04, 12:23 AM
toddjb

(Arvin Chang) wrote in message . com...
id no@id wrote in message ...

Just had to chime in to share pain as I'm still suffering from a low
chairlift HB snap last year with my Mission Greeds. From last year till
this year Burton has no more skyback highbacks (extra tall highbacks
that came on the Greed.) Sucks. Spent all summer with my ski shop trying
to get replacement parts and finally ended up giving up after their last
replacement attempt in no way matched my bindings in size or color.
Ended up pulling a normal size highback off another pair of Missions I
had (long story) and I'll do without the skybacks which is probably fine.

Wonder if someone could design a highback with a safety release that
disengaged with an extreme straight downward force (as put on by a
chair left) but still resists the normal lateral force against the
highback for normal riding. That'd be nice. Cuz busted highbacks
suck, and having to think about dropping it down all season long
sux as well!

-t