Old November 22nd 04, 07:49 PM
lonerider

id wrote:
Arvin Chang wrote:

Hey, can I order those parts from Burton directly?

I just fitted my warranty replacement highback to remind myself. On

my
bindings (2 years old) the lever is aluminium and the plastic
washer/spacer is black. With the levers flipped out I've tightened

them
finger-tight, then folded them down. Seems secure. I got some spare
assemblies from the dealer - they told me that it's easy to lose them

if
they're not tight enough. I have enough spares for both bindings (4
assemblies) and could send you a set if you get stuck - assuming

they're
the same. Hmm. Looking again at the bindings, the amount of plastic
around independent forward lean pivot is a bit of a worry...

Iain

I called up Burton on Saturday and they are going to ship me a binding
kit free of charge, so I should be good. I think the previous owner was
a bit aggressive in tightening the levers and they caused the spacers
to crack one of the bindings. I wonder if the binding kit comes with a
spare set of highbacks - I did notice that Burton's warranty
specifically covers highbacks damaged due to low chairlifts. I'm still
not really a pro-Burton person, but I have to admit that was a nice
touch (and to say that I was very satisfied with their customer support
from my experience). I think the forward lean pivot (you mean the hinge
in the middle of the Forward Lean ADjuster?) should hold mainly because
it doesn't get strained very much when locked down (from what I see).
--Arvin