Old October 11th 14, 07:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Knee support recomendations?

On Friday, October 10, 2014 5:47:51 PM UTC-5, Richard Henry wrote:
On Friday, October 10, 2014 2:26:11 PM UTC-7, lal_truckee wrote:

Don't sleep.

Sleep can be dangerous - In January 91, we stayed at the Mammoth Mt Inn one
weekend. The roads were a bitch because of heavy snow the night before so
we didn't get to the hotel until 3AM. However, I had to be out in the
freshies, so I got started early. Later, while taking a noon nap, I fell
out of the unfamiliar bed and dislocated my shoulder.

Every time except once when I've gone from Texas to Zzzz, I've driven all night and skiied in the morning when I got there. Sleeping on the road would have been an extremely bad idea. Skiing without sleeping for more than 24 hours is not an especially good idea either.

I tried sleeping on the road once on I-80 going east into Salt Lake, and it was a bad idea. Although when I awakened at 80 MPH, I discovered that what I thought was roadside snow was actually the Great Salt Lake. But not until the next time I was through Salt Lake.

It's worth mentioning that the locals in Salt Lake will frequently take naps on the on-ramps onto the the major highways in town. It's Halloween-scary.