Old January 28th 04, 02:21 PM
Nevalainen, Eric

Default pole length question

I've seen lots of discussion of pole length for both skating and
striding. For example classic pole length used to be "armpit height",
but recent discussions state "top of the shoulder height".
For skate I've seen "cleft of the chin" or "tip of the nose".

Last night I saw a reference to ideal pole length that went as follows:

skate pole length=users height in CM x .90
classic pole length=users height in CM x .85

The formula SEEMS much less subjective than the "cleft of the chin"
method.....but which is really the true measure? What other factors
should be taken into account?

TIA

e.