Old October 14th 10, 03:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Brian Mc

Default Val Thorens early season

Ian Blake wrote:
: I wanted to buy a 3V pass that I didn't need to because the VT pass was valid
: everywhere in the pre-season.
: It may be different now this was in the days when we still used
: picture cards.

No longer true! I was in VT last year and the cost for the pre-season local
and 3V passes were published on the web-site - they increased for each of
pre-season weeks (as more lifts were planned to open) but were always
significantly less than normal.

I don't know what would have happened if lack of snow had prevented them
opening their planned lifts. Also (as I had a 3V pass) I don't know what the
upgrade arrangements were.