Old March 3rd 06, 05:08 PM

Not that high up. I was in the third wave. I did get a mention in
SkiPost, for all the wrong reasons.

I agree that the amount of foil wrappers (gu, clif, etc) was a bit
high. Perhaps I didn't notice it as much in previous years because I
was in the skating lane. But it seems that the tracks collect these
wrappers. Maybe folks tossing the wrappers to the side don't go far
enough. In any event, I skied over A LOT of wrappers.

In any event, it is a bit of a problem...not a major one, but something
we all need to be aware of. I remember a couple years back moving up to
a classic skiier and watching him fall flat on his face after hitting a
wrapper in the tracks. Nothing broken then, but I'm sure it didn't help
his race.

I know everyone is different, and folks may "need" more energy, but I'm
amazed someone can't take a shot of gel prior to, or at, a feed spot.
Or tuck it in your jersey. Even though it's a race, it's still
littering. There's not a clean-up fairy on the Birkie trail. Those
wrappers will be there for YEARS.

And no, I'm not blaming the wrapper on my fall. I should have been able
to recover.

Mark

P.S. Able to type with two hands now! With the help of a lot of
pillows. And thanks to the folks who sent me emails of encouragement.
It's very much appreciated.