Old December 23rd 03, 03:58 PM
Alastair Mackinnon

Default Boots and flying

Had a tremendous week in Courchevel.

My bag including boots weighed 23kg, but the check in person said that was
OK (as I didn't have any significant hand baggage) and simply attached a
'Heavy' sticker.

Excel were OK - dull food, no legroom, leather seats could do with a
washdown, etc. Boeing 737 on the way out, 767 for the return. Geneva airport
dreadful.

Mark Warner in Courchevel good - enthusiastic staff, good food, ski hosting,
etc. Laid on coaches to Val D'Isere one day and La Plagne another day
because the snow was a bit iffy which was very good of them as it was
certainly skiable. Would certainly consider them again.

Alastair

"David Shaw" wrote in message
let us know what it was like when you get back! I am going with mark

warner
(and therefore Excel air) on jan 3rd, and was debating taking boots/skis

or
just hiring (far better) ones out there.

mark warner are amazing - I have flown with air 2000 and numerous other
airlines but have NEVER heard of Excel air. may it leave the concrete

with
ease...

"Alastair Mackinnon" wrote in message
I've always driven to the Alps, but I'm taking an extra break and

flying,
for a change. (Mark Warner, flying with Excel) I've just weighed my

boots
and they'll take a quarter of my 20kg!

How flexible are airlines (Excel, in particular) about the 20kg limit?

Are
they likely to let me take the boots on as hand luggage?