Old October 22nd 04, 02:41 PM
americanxc

look...

sponsored, non national team, athletes are getting skis picked by the
manufacturer's race service rep(eli brown, jim fredericks, rick
halling). citizen racers and people buying on pro-form are getting
skis no different than those sold in stores.

no pro-form skier is getting skis chosen from the factory. that would
be a collosal waste of time...

secondly, of course the american and canadian teams are sending their
wax tech's over to pick skis directly from the factory. they are no
less or no more priority than any other national team. HOWEVER, some
individual athletes are higher priority than others.

my point is this, our national team skiers are getting skis as good or
better than any other national team out there. the absolute best skis
go to the superstars, like sommerfelt, fredricksson, auckland,
freeman...

why do i care to make this point? because respecting american xc
skiing starts at the very bottom. if young kids hear you guys talking
about how some ski shop in norway gets better skis than our national
team, he's never gonna think he has a chance and then we are back to
where we started- in the 90's when scoring a world cup point was
nothing short of a miracle.

support american ski racing.