Old December 3rd 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Over G

Default snowboard in holland

No real resort as Holland lacks mountains and lacks reliable snow. When
enough snow falls for people to try their snowboard gear outside in the
park it will be on the news, after the item about the total traffic chaos
caused by this snow.

But we do have places where you can learn snowboarding:

- indoor pistes with giant cooling installations causing snow.

- outdoor pistes with plastic brushes doing an imitation of snow.

Both have their pros and cons for learning snowboarding.

An overview can be found athttp://ski-banen.startpagina.nl/

This information is all in Dutch for as far as I can see, and most of those
places will have websites only in Dutch.

Are you planning to stay in a certain area of the country?

Oh by the way: the christmas holiday weeks are the weeks most of those
places have special courses for kids or other people going on their first
wintersport holiday and therefore the places will be crowded.

thanks for the answer.
most of the time I will be in Amsterdam .

maybe you can recommend on a Snowboard place close to Holland ?
(that I can take the train or the bus.)
( in other countries ...)
also what is going in Holland in between the 28.12-3.1 (is every one
in the house. and every thing is closed ? )

(also if you can tell me usually what is the weather in that dates ?)

THANKS!