Old March 5th 06, 03:46 AM

Good idea taking tele lessons. Pretty soon you'll be on some of the
main runs. Much of Bjorkedahl was been part of the cross country trail
from the beginning of Trollhollow. Originally, it was the up and down,
ending just below the half pipe. Then they developed a section partly
behind the trees to use going up and left the main run for ride down,
with some roping off down below for protection from snowboarders (good
luck). Their website's trail map makes it look like it's all in the
woods now, but they may have just penciled it in on an old map.

Gene

"EdV" wrote:

I took a couple of telemark lessons(Rollie rules!) at Trollhaugen and
really like one of their long(for me at any rate) non steep hills
called Bjorkdahl. Anyone from the group familiar with this hill and
maybe know some more like it? Nearby in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconson
and Illinois is nice but other places are fine.

Anyone familiar with Sundown Mountain in Dubuque or Chestnut in
Galena? It is on the way to my Mom's house (which never has snow when
I go there for Christmas). It would be a nice treat to see my Mom
and have some snow.

Thanks much to all in advance.

Ed V.