Old April 4th 10, 03:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
VtSkier[_3_]

Default Ahhh Spring skiing

DaveM wrote:
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:42:12 -0400, VtSkier
wrote:

DaveM wrote:
Beautiful day skiing on Saturday. 6 or so inches of fresh and fluffy
in the morning. Warmed up in the bright subshine for some nice long
soft Spring skiing runs in the afternoon. Just under a month left for
the lifts to keep running. Better make the most of it.

DaveM

After a glorious week last week and a weekend of
sleet, rain, snow, freezing rain, rime ice, high
wind, lifts being down from wind, icing or lack
of interest, I'm looking forward to a good day
of calm wind, sunshine and 50 degrees with
wonderfully soft hero snow tomorrow.
.

We are back to a brief blast of winter here. Had eight or ten inches
of fresh snow yesterday and it was blown in deep in the trees. Might
have been my last day out for the year since I am traveling next week.
Might get one more, have to see. It was funny to go back to cold temp,
wind, blowing snow ... winter .. after three weeks of mostly spring
like. Gives me dreams of December to tide me over through a long hot
mountain biking season.

Dave M

75 degrees at the top of Killington yesterday (Saturday).
Many bikini sightings. The views were wonderful. How I
like spring skiing.
..