Old September 5th 03, 07:36 AM
Iain Miller

Default US lift & Ski Schol Pricing horrendous.

"Terry Morse" wrote in message
Iain Miller wrote:

Was thinking about going to Heavenly (Lake Tahoe) Late Dec/Early Jan

(added
on to a visit to my in-laws in Southern California over Xmas) so I've

been
working out a few figures. Two 5 day adult lift passes and two kids in

Ski
School for 5 days it will cost over $1550 - well over £1000.

A "slightly restricted" season pass to Heavenly is $299, which
includes 5 additional lift tickets to Vail Inc's Colorado areas.
Assuming just seven days of skiing at Heavenly, that's less than $25
per lift ticket.

The "blackout" dates for the season pass are the holidays, which
includes the week after Christmas. The non-restricted pass is $498.

http://www.skiheavenly.com/skiing_ri...ft/seasonpass/
--
terry morse Palo Alto, CA http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/

Thanks for that, the figures I had for a 5 day pass were actually slightly
lower than these - its the $500+ for each of the kids in Ski school thats
the killer!

Also your maths is a bit off ;-). A $300 pass would equate to $25 a day for
12 days use. For the 5 days we want its $60 a day. By comparison, a 5 day
pass in Austria is almost exactly half the price.

rgds

I.