Old September 5th 03, 01:23 AM
Iain Miller

Default US lift & Ski Schol Pricing horrendous.

Was thinking about going to Heavenly (Lake Tahoe) Late Dec/Early Jan (added
on to a visit to my in-laws in Southern California over Xmas) so I've been
working out a few figures. Two 5 day adult lift passes and two kids in Ski
School for 5 days it will cost over $1550 - well over £1000.

Add to that the cost of ski hire (for the adults) accomodation, food,
travel etc etc & I think they can keep it.

The cost of the equivalent (Lift passes & Ski school) in Austria is a bit
more than half that figure. I checked Squaw & Mammoth & their prices seem to
be no better.

Skiing in the States is just getting too expensive - seemingly bordering on
a rip off in comparison to European prices - unless anyone can recommend a
cheaper way ......

I.