Old February 4th 05, 12:23 AM
ant

"MattB" wrote in message

I worked at Crested Butte for the couple of games they held there and it
was quite a spectacle. The crowd turnout was usually pretty poor, so the
ESPN2 guys would go to where there were a few people milling around and
hand out banners and cowbells to all of them.

When it was in Vermont, the crowd turnout was huge. they had promotional
stalls there, including a bright red Hummer with a huge sound system in it,
to attract people to come and find out about the Marines (Marine Extreme!)
adn do exercises to get free stuff. they had to change traffic conditions to
accommodate all the people coming in, and it was basically insane. Also, the
standard of competitor was pretty high. They were professionals and there by
invitation. We watched the final of the men's skiier cross from the chair,
and it was like WC racing over a very weird course. All these big semi
trailers for each skidoo competitor with all their promo stuff painted on
teh side...the skiier cross people had waxers and stuff. It was big.

ant