Old March 29th 05, 11:27 PM
FITZGERALD

Yes. Waterville is my usual/favorite destination.The grooming is superb and
the North End trails get and hold snow early and late into the year. The
only criticisms I hear are that the trails are either up or down. Tons of
climbing and tons of descending with a fairly small amount of flat for
cruising.It can be a challenging place to ski. You can expect to see the
Freemans as well as Carl Swenson on their trails during Christmas break.
Lee Fitzgerald
Derry,(86 miles from Waterville)NH

wrote in message
Fitzgerald writes:

Fitzgerald Oops. My bad. Just checked weather and it looks like more
rain on Saturday
Fitzgerald and Sunday.

Yes, this is a real crashing end to the season.

I have not tried the Waterville area. I take it
you like it?

My favorite is the Trapp lodge, this year I started
going to Windblown, which is small, but very nice. Some
quite steep trails.

Being in the Boston area my staple is Weston, with a
few trips to Carlisle.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in rec.skiing.nordic...)