Old October 20th 03, 04:43 PM
ssh

(Keith) wrote in message . com...
"Monique Y. Herman" wrote in message ...
I live in Longmont, Colorado and would love to hear opinions (good, bad,
ugly) on bootfitters.

I've been to Surefoot and am tempted to go back, despite their steep
prices (granted, I went to the one at Vail) -- their big strength,
having stores on the mountain, seems to also be their big weakness --
they have no locations outside of resorts. It's really nice to be able
to try something, ski a bit, and come back for further adjustment; on
the other hand, it's a shame to waste perfectly good ski time messing
with your boots.

You're close to Boulder - the guys over at Boulder Ski Deals on
Arapahoe Blvd (across the street from King Soopers) really know their
stuff. My wife got her boots fitted there and I've heard good things
from many other people as well.

I have had my boots fit by Larry at Boulder Ski Deals. He's touted as
the best in the Boulder area, and that's probably so, but I'm still a
bit disappointed with the fit of my boots (Solomon XWave-10s from
three years ago). In fact, I'm going to be (hopefully!) looking for
new boots this year, and so I shell fit myself to these old
Solomons--they are really too big for my (small!) feet.

So, I am actively looking for a really good fitter. My guess is that
Breck may be my best bet. I would love to hear from others who have
had really good fitting experiences including alignment, adjustments,
excellent custom insoles, etc.

Thanks,
ssh