Old October 1st 03, 04:50 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:39:03 CST, Keith penned:
"Monique Y. Herman" wrote in message
I've been there before (bought my skis and bindings there before) and they
seem nice, but awfully rushed. How much did they do, mod-wise, to the boot
to fit it?

Good point - no matter where you get your boots fit, make sure to go when
they're not too busy. It was a couple years ago now, but I think I took my
wife there on a weekday night when there weren't too many other customers
taking up their time. We were there for over an hour - the fitter was very
meticulous. I don't think they had to modify my wife's boot at all - just
find her the right one to begin with. They do a lot of specialized stuff
too though - there was one other person he was fitting, and she was getting
custom-fitted liners - injecting silicone or some-such directly into the
shell while she had to stand around and wait for it to set...

IIRC, my fiance was just about the only person in the store ... it was
early summer. Then again, my fiance is not the type to really spend a
lot of time stressing about the fit -- the lucky ******* can wear boots
right off the shelf! So maybe it was more a matter of the customer
being in a hurry.

Me, my boots are currently in Copper after having been stretched, and I
just got my hockey skates back from being deep-stretched from a D to a
EE. Yes, Virginia, there is a Bigfoot, and you're lookin' at her!
(Actually, having a uniformly big foot would be great -- it's having a
foot that's only big in one spot that's the kicker.)

--
monique