Old August 25th 03, 04:07 PM
Ace

Default Changing bindings?

On 24 Aug 2003 17:10:21 GMT, David Off
wrote:

martin wrote:
I'd like get my conventional bindings changed for touring bindings, but I've
never changed bindings before.

Can the skis actually cope with it? will the fitting still be strong enough?

There is no reason in general why you can't do this. The new bindings
will almost certainly have a different hole pattern to the old, although
you can always put epoxy into the screw holes if you reuse any.

You would need to seal up the old holes with epoxy or something to stop
moisture getting into the core.

Whether your particular skis will cope, with the usage you've already
had, who can say? How many days have you already skied on them? Bear
in mind that if you are planning to do serious touring rather than just
climbing to out of bounds skiing not all alpine skis are well suited in
terms of weight and strength.

Also, depending on the answers to the above questions, it might be
worth considering the touring binding conversions, that just clip into
your normal Alpine binding for those occasions when you want them.
I've never used them, but they seem like quite a nice idea.