Old December 22nd 04, 08:01 PM

on very hard hardpack/ice it seems like you
would want the sharp edge all the way around?

Yes, if you like catching edges.

Nah, I don't "detune" anything and I don't "catch edges". If you're
doing that then you have a technique problem, not an equipment problem.

This was done recently on Bomberonline. The majority there didn't
detune. It seems that some boards have a tendency to hold on a little
too firmly in some conditions, and that these may benefit from some
blunting in some circumstances. The advice was to see how the board
rides and then fiddle with it if really necessary to you.

Personally I guess I just never rode one of those boards where this
would be useful, so my edges are sharp where they contact the snow.