Old November 28th 09, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Jérémy

Default That time of year

Ace wrote in
news
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 16:55:11 GMT, "Jérémy" wrote:

Excellent. You're ready for ski agricole.

Hehe. Is that the same as Ski Vegetal?

Probably. You recognise it when it's all over your boots.

Remind me (where?) you are precisely?

Around 45 minutes from most of the best ski stations in the northern
Alps.

Pfah! You're miles away from here (Engelberg).

Actually, Engelberg sounds rather fun, but it's a bit out of the way for
us. We could perhaps do it for a weekend from Geneva by train, but it
would be inconvenient to drive.

I guess your
closest decent-sized station is Praz de Lys? Spent a weekend there
coupla years back and was very impressed. Good snow was fortunate, of
course, but what a lovely little place.

I've mostly done ski de fond at PdL. Compared with the main places, I'd
hardly call it decent-sized, but with good enough snow anywhere is great.
We have les Brasses, which is even smaller but is actually our village,
and we walk all over the hill all the time so we know our way through the
woods, but the nearest big area is the Grand Massif. Are you doing SCGB
stuff at Flaine this season?

--
Jeremy
R1200RT