Old February 20th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Pilot Classic - Why

I'm not clear what that Protector Gerlach mentions is, but it sounds
like it's meant to be a solution to snow build up around the spring.

rm

"Dave M-K" wrote:

Seems like the main problem with the classic pilot is that the spring gets
loaded with snow. I wonder if salomon has considered replacing that with a
'rubber band' of sorts. You wouldn't be able to adjust the tension as
easily but I wonder how many people actually adjust that after the first few
times skiing.

Andrew Gerlach from Salomon/Subaru Factory Team replied to to an earlier
thread regardding pilot classic.

Sorry you are having problems with the bindings.

2) We have a new insert called the Pilot Classic Protector that is a
free
part available to our retailers goes under the rear portion of the
binding
that incases the spring. It takes about 2 minutes to install. If your
shop
does not have them they can order them from Salomon customer service.