Old February 25th 05, 11:41 PM
bri719

Neil Gendzwill wrote:

At 163 I seriously doubt it. I mean, the moguls were all made with
skis longer than that and to me that's what counts, length-wise.
Besides it's not really a very long board. But it may well be overly
stiff for him as a 160 lb intermediate - that's why I asked others
more familiar with Ride to comment. Also it's wide-waisted and he's
got a very splayed duck stance, so getting from edge to edge quickly
will be an issue.

I always thought riding moguls / bumps on a "wide" board would be
tougher, but I've never really tried it so can't comment. 163 is the
same length as my usual board though, and no probs here in most
situations (including trees). his board may be a tiny bit stiffer,
mine's in the encompassing "medium-stiff" category. I like a board
that's a bit stiff,but not too stiff. especially since I like to hit a
few jumps. if there was a pipe at my regular resort, I'd be trying it.
I've yet to see the damn thing this season. it got buried this week and
still waiting for them to carve it out :-/

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email