Old January 16th 04, 04:46 PM
Ulrich Hausmann

lac.stanford.edu wrote:

_ I've found that with waxless skis, all I ever need is
kicker skins, but then again I'm not fond of going straight
up at the steepest angle possible. Kicker skins are so light
that I take them everywhere regardless. You can also get a
fairly significant variation in climbing ablity by moving
them up/down the ski. I find that putting them on the tail
of a waxless ski generates the most climbing power.

Booker,

may i ask you the favour, to explain to me, what *KICKER*skins are? What
does them distinguish from what i consider "regular" skins?

Background: I got a pair of fjelltelemark skis (i think that's what you
call backcountry skis - mine are BD Polarstar wax modell with Rottefella
3-pin plus climbing support) - to be able to go around with our dog ... :-)

Thanks in advance,

Ulrich
--
reply to: uhausmannATbluemailDOTch