Old October 30th 03, 03:55 PM
Ed Pauls

Default Suggestions for one pair of all mountain skis. HELP!

foot2foot wrote:However,

The powder out there can get so light that nothing will
float you except a pair of those ridiculous stick 300mm
waist powder skis that couldn't possibly be used to ski
any other conditions.

If there's thirty feet of it, and you ski into it, you're going
to the bottom. Snowshoes won't even help you. Neither
will Bandit, Launcher or 4x4, unless it's steep enough and
you go really, really fast, two conditions I don't find myself
involved in very often.

As such, powder itself is an altogether different
consideration. I'm still not sure it's *possible* to find a ski
that can float me in the lightest of powder conditions you
encounter in the continental northwest.

You must be one heavy SOB!

Good Ol' Ed

Just pick a steeper slope.