Old October 27th 03, 02:18 PM
Richard Walsh

Default Suggestions for one pair of all mountain skis. HELP!

(Gabriel Kristal) wrote in
:

I'm taking an LOA from work to finish a
semester of college in Idaho and will be skiing virtually every day. I'm
in the market for one pair of skis to get me through the winter and
don't know where to begin. Last year was the first year I really got
back into skiing in a number of years. I skied about thirty times and
demoed every time, because I didn't want to commit to a pair of skis
that I would be unhappy with. A little about my skiing: I am an expert
skier who hates groomers, still likes to shred the bumps, and likes to
be in powder whenever its worthwhile. As an adolescent, I skied
freestyle. I am 5'11", 200lb, and 31. The favorite pair of skis I demoed
last year was the Fischer Big Stix 75 at 185cm. They were fun in the
trees and could still handle serious moguls. I was underwhelmed by all
Salomons, but did like a pair of K2 Axis something. What models of skis
would you recommend that I look into? Also, what about boots?
Thanks so much for your time.
Gabe Kristal

Clearly you have named your ski type, All Mountain Free Ride with
a bias toward soft snow conditions.
It would appear that you have made your choice. Now go buy them.

As for boots, get what fits and get them from a QUALIFIED boot fitter.
For those 30 times skiing last year were you renting boots too?

Oh, year, and before Horvath gets in here, "Loose 20 pounds."

RW