Old February 18th 04, 12:43 AM
Jeff Potter

Default Skating and bonking

Yeah gentle skiing is very rewarding. Pays off bigtime. I think that's what JD
was pushing us about: he said we can all drool and hammer. He wanted us to ski
SLOW and in control and nicely...a lot more often. Boy, it really helped me
break thru the uphills in marathons. If I'd kept skiing much I coulda kept that
feel going. Now I'm only just now getting it again, and losing it again. Don't
skate much. It's a BIG feel thing.

Mitch Collinsworth wrote:

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Ken Roberts wrote:

I've spent the last month or two working on skating _slow_ up hills. It's
something that can be practiced, and there are some special technique

At least in my experience, when I *finally* took the time to do this,
I found my technique greatly improved at race pace as well. I was
able to ski faster with less effort. Or ski even faster when really
pushing hard. Too bad it took so many years of banging my head against
the proverbial wall to finally figure this out.

--

Jeff Potter
****