Old December 3rd 03, 02:01 PM
Brian

Default Donek Wide too "fast" a board for me?

"Johnny1" wrote in message

I love them. I will keep them no matter what. Hopefully they are not
too flexy for the Donek, and the Donek won't take *too* much effort to
turn slowly if I use good technique.

I will let you know if I go for the Donek!

You'll be fored into good technique with the Donek, like it or not. This
was by far the biggest adjustment I had to make to my riding when I bought
my Donek Wide midseason last year, after spending my first year of learning
on a low priced flimsey piece of carboard. It honestly took me 5 or so days
on the snow to fully adjust and feel 100% comfortable with knowing how to
make the Donek do exactly what I wanted it to. I probably didn't know what
good technique was before riding this board, probably because I never needed
to know. And before I really figured it out, I was fighting with it at slow
speeds and initially got quite frustrated. But just like learning anything
else, eventually things fell into place, and that's when the real fun began!

Brian.