Old October 26th 03, 11:04 PM
Alex Heney

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 12:39:29 +0100, David Off
wrote:

Alex Heney wrote:

They should *IF* they think it will have a detrimental effect, either
on usenet as a whole (unlikely in this case), or on other specific
groups they read (likely in this case).

It isn't just a question of whether they intend reading the group, but
whether it will affect their usenet experience.

snip
My experience in this area with
r.s.a.m and fr.r.n-g is that there is not sufficient demand from
snowsport enthusiasts for such a group and so far the majority of
proponents will be people who have declared that they will not use the
group. If you want to convince people to vote yes, post some good
arguments and counter those already put up.

I think you misread me above. I agree with everything you wrote, and
while I'm open to argument, at the moment I would be voting against
the group, because I think it would be likely to have a negative
impact on my usenet experience.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Find your aim in life, before you run out of ammunition

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom