Old March 20th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_2_]

Default Vallee Blanche

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 02:55:59 -0700 (PDT), Excess
wrote:

On Mar 19, 10:36*pm, Pip Luscher
wrote:
Just how difficult is it? I thought I read somewhere (maybe here) that
as long as one followed a guides tracks then it wasn't that hard.

Entry is apparently icy steps: walked or bigger 'steps' that are
skiied?

Just thinking about next year.

As Ace said the skiing is pretty easy although there are different
routes with different levels of difficulty. What is particularly
dangerous is the crevasses which are often hidden. Following tracks in
the snow is no good as it may be fine one day but not the next. My
advise is always to get a guide and stick to their track when they
told you so

Oh, I wasn't for one moment considering going it alone. I meant /my/
guide's tracks, not just any old tracks I fancied following.

Thanks for the info, you and Ace.

--
-Pip