Old March 20th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_2_]

Default Vallee Blanche

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:54:44 +0100, Ace wrote:

It's a walk down an 'Arrette', a path with cut steps, a very steep
drop on one side, and an even steeper drop on the other. Normal
practice is to rope the whole group together with your guide and walk
slowly over holding skis with one hand and a fixed guide-rope with the
other. Can be very slow at busy times (~45 minutes), and if there's a
wind blowing is very exposed. And of course it's a bit of a tester if
you're afraid of heights ;-)

Heights don't bother me. It's the drops....

Just thinking about next year.

This season's still got a good month or more to run, you know.

Unfortunately I'm on a deadline at work and seeing as I've used two
weeks of my holiday already this year, eyebrows might raise if I went
again. At home too, come to think of it. Also for Chamonix I'd prefer
to drive and it isn't worth it just for one week.

--
-Pip