Old November 8th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default what kind of board should i get? ;)

On Nov 7, 9:03 am, Neil Gendzwill wrote:
jw wrote:
Most recently, I am riding a Santa Cruz 164 wide
board, even with only size 9 feet.

I find it weird that 164 is about the longest you can find in the shop
these days. My main ride is a Coiler AM 172, and if conditions are soft
I'll be on my Rad-Air Tanker 200.

Those are monstrous by local (Pennsylvania) standards. My board is a
162W, and it's usually about the biggest I see around here on the
slopes; often feels really long in the crowded lift lines. Shops carry
bigger boards, but I'm not sure who buys them. Of course, there are
reasons for the tilt toward the small:
* little or no powder to worry about
* apparent preference for park vs. freeriding
* more kids/teens riding than fully grown adults

Naturally, our season hasn't started yet, so I'm referring to years
past.

Joe Ramirez