Old January 9th 08, 07:03 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles, rec.skiing.resorts.europe
AW

Default Numpty Google Earth question

On Jan 9, 7:21*am, (The Older
Gentleman) wrote:
It's not in real time, is it? If not, then how far off?

No, not real time and it varies as they update various bits. For
example, the view of Southend Airport didn't show the Vulcan bomber
that lives there for a long time as the composite shots had been taken
at different times and the plane had been moved about the airfield in
between. But it's "back there" now. A lot of the original shots dated
from 2001 but they're constantly adding and improving to it. The view
of my house currently still shows the trees that blew over last year
but does show the car that I bought in 2006.

And if there's an option to set it to real time (or close), then how?

No, you're stuck with what's there.

Yes, guess who wants to examine the snow cover from altitude, as it
were?

Useless for assessing current conditions.