Old January 6th 06, 08:22 PM

Sam Seiber wrote:

I think the numbers snoig was quoting were from measurments
NOT at a ski area. They are probably more real, as here in
Colorado, there is a lot of demand for water, thus we need to
know how much water we will be seeing next spring. I take
the measurments of a ski area with a huge grain of salt.
Their numbers are to attract skiers.

Solitude's, and at least Alta's are directly reflected in their NWS
SnoTel sites which are automated. Maybe Brighton, too.You can check it
yourself in the middle of the night every fifteen minutes and it jives
with what gets reported from what I've seen. And I compare it to what
falls in the meadow, which also seems to jive. I haven't seen much
exaggeration in the Cottonwoods resorts claims. Too many folks double
checking.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/slc/snow/getob.php?sid=sol

-klaus