Old May 15th 06, 06:16 PM

contols

In article ,
Kurt Knisely wrote:
It is typically easy to find out.

Some places you need registration, handled by the USFS:
http://www.kachinapeaks.org/photo_ga...p/DSCN2347.jpg
Other places you're simply on your own:
http://www.allwest.net/~kurt/images/...e/Crayons2.jpg

Nice skulls and cross bones.
Hadn't seen nearly as many of those in CA.
I did get a nice sign with skull and cross bones at the Franz Josef glacier
in NZ. No hurry to scan it.

I've collected out of bounds signs in various parts of the Alps.
1st, they have to be multilingual (typically 4 at a minimum [welcome
signs I've seen in 6 languages, Chinese being the most recent one]).

A good campaign for avalanches has snowboards as head stones.

3 What penalties are mandated: warning citation, fines, jail-time,

When you cross a "Closed" boundary, it's about $350 here in Summit Co., Xxxx.

It depends here. The PCT goes by several resorts here. We have huts
from a prior era. Tracks are certainly a problem. But there are
general fines.

Canada: contact places like Environment Canada.

Outside of crossing "Closed" boundaries, it appears that in Canada, you can go just about anywhere you wish. Of course there could be temporary wildlife closures/public safety, etc..

What? No Canadian equivalent to Area 51?

Canada is too unpopulated to enforce things.
Let the Polar bears eat the trust passers. Hey Ed, another PB brochure
in the mail to you from my climbing parter Dave (he has been to Churchill).

Bob Lee wrote in
BLM Bob

Retired already? Thinking about moving to a snowier climate or planning

Oh you never fully ever leave the BLM. ;^)