Old January 11th 04, 04:39 AM
scottabe

Default LA ski areas, no car!

in article , pigo at
wrote on 1/10/04 8:42 PM:

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
James P wrote:
lal_truckee wrote in message

Don't know how you get to Mammoth on the cheap from LA, tho. Might be a
bus. Hitchhike? I've hitched carrying skis, boots, and poles - takes a
special kind of person to pick you up. I couldn't guess how many such
special people pass a given corner in downtown LA per hour - any guess,

Bev?

Ya, not really interested in hitching. I figure my choices are either
to rent a car for a week and have it sit in the driveway while I'm at
Mammoth, or rent a car one way to get there and then another car one
way to get back to LA. Might end up costing the same either way!

How's the after-ski and nightlife up there?

If you're concerned about apres-ski and nightlife, find a video game
parlor with a ski game, play it once, and stay in LA. You go to Mammoth
and actually tackle the mountain, you'll have no energy left for
screwing around in the evening - you'll need your beauty rest. Mammoth
is a real mountain.

Though I don't think I have the stamina to do it anymore I've skied many a
"real mountain", including Mammoth and still had the energy to party all
night. Don't tell me you've forgotten what it's like to be young?

Maybe he's forgotten what it is like to be coked up and unable to sleep.

You can be dead tired at the end of the day. But a few beers and some new
cutie pie rubbing your leg can give you a second wind real quick!

Bet there used to be a couple of lines, too, eh, cocaine dealer?