Old March 4th 06, 05:49 PM

Gene, et al.

Norway is far more disappointed, as a nation and a ski community. The
U.S. and the U.S. ski community is content with mediocre.

I have been traveling out of the country for 6 months, and made the
mistake of reading this site upon my return. Have to clarify some
history for you.

Fiddler had a 4th or 5th - in a relay leg - she never finished better
than 14th in the Olympics. She had several top 20's in WC races, and
is truly one of the tops for US historically, with at least 14 national
champs, very close to Nina Kemppel's record of nat'l champs. We could
use a few of their caliber right now.

Prior to Randall's ninth in the 2006 Oly sprint, the best female US
finish in an Oly race was Kemppel, 14th in the 30k in 2002. Team mates
at APUNSC (aka Gold 2002) by the way until Nina retired.

I am really puzzled by your statement: ". It's very American to
have a short memory and brag about coming in last place, in this case
10th." What in the world are you talking about?

By the way, Why did Team Today pull their comments feature?

Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
Oh, I forgot Nancy Fiddler, who I believe had a fourth or fifth before
she retired. And she hadn't reached her prime. It's very American to
have a short memory and brag about coming in last place, in this case
10th.

Gene

" wrote:

You guy's, flame me all you want, but KR had the best American
individual result since Kochie. What? It doesn't count because she's
from Alaska...or is it that sprint races aren't a 'true' event? or
maybe you guys are sexist?