Old August 19th 13, 10:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Warped boot sole?

Heel up is not unusual in my experience, though I don't know if it's
supposed to be. No question you should be able to clip in by hand with
a little pressure. These boots don't come from Nordic Skater, do they?

Gene

On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 19:35:56 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

Just got a pair of Alpina SSK skate boots to replace my old and worn
Rossi X6. Generally liked the boot but noticed it didn't want to stay
close to the binding. I put the boot into the binding without wearing
it to see what's what. With the roller ski just sitting there (I
wasn't even testing for wheel hang at that point), the heel of the
boot stayed up about a quarter of an inch from the binding. This was
puzzling because my old pair of Rossis always made perfect contact
with the heel plate. Also, I noticed that Alpina's heel was uneven -
kind of tapering off towards the back of the boot, so the two back
"teeth" of the heel would never touch the binding even under my
weight.

So, I have a suspicion that the sole is somehow warped and I'm
puzzled by the shape of the heel. It's also weird that both boots are
like that, so it's hard to say for sure it's a defect. Anybody seen
anything like that?

Thanks!