Old March 12th 04, 05:54 PM
wacopaco

Default Console Snowboarding Games

I'd have to say that Amped 2 is the best snowboard game out there at the
moment. If you're looking for a realistic snowboard game that makes you
wanna go out and ride, AMPED 2 is the best bet. I've played SSX2 and SSX3,
both decent games but the racing and the missions are just too out of this
world. They're fun to master but it ain't snowboarding (especially the
clicking out of the board and spinning the board around your head special
moves). I've also tried Transworld snowboarding but that was like a rip off
of tony hawk on snowboards. The trick system is a little quirky and takes
getting used to. AMPED 2 is by far the best game out there. It features real
mountains, real boards and real tricks. Although the game play isn't about
"free riding" the parks are huge and the amount of tricks you can do
anywhere on the mountain is unlimited. Also, the gameplay is about you
trying to earn sponsors and complete photoshoots as well as completing
objectives. I'd say the out of all these games, AMPED 2 has got the best
graphics and the best control and the best game play.

I haven't tried 1080 avalanche on the GC yet, but I'll do that soon.

Get AMPED2, its the best way to go

stu