Old August 27th 03, 01:14 AM
BJohansson

Default Why Is Austria Skiing Dirt Cheap For USA Right Now?

Lech is a great area because on one ticket (at least it used to be this way),
you can ski Lech, Zurs, St Christoph, St Anton and one other small-ish area.
Lech and Zurs are actually linked by lifts. On the downside, it is probably
the most expensive place to stay and play in Austria. Not sure what half-board
gives you, but if it doesn't include dinner, you may be in for a little sticker
shock at the restaurants. Not on the scale of Vail mind you, but for Austria,
it's pretty pricey.

All that being said, I wouldn't bet on decent snow that early. We rarely went
skiing anywhere except glaciers before mid-February when I lived in Europe.